Turning 19







I love birthdays, whether they are mine or a friends, and so as soon as we reach mid July I immediately kick into countdown mode. Whilst 19 is a rather boring age in terms of having become a legal adult the year before and not quite being out of your teens yet, a birthday is still a birthday and I was determined to enjoy it nonetheless.

One thing I hate is surprises and its because of this I can be quite specific when I'm asked what it is I'm wanting from my parents - and I have been known to even make powerpoints to send to my parents. However I did still get some lovely surprises from both my family and friends, including my present from Benjy which he successfully managed to get in the right size this time.

With it being my first time away from home for my birthday it did feel a bit weird not having the usual present opening with the family, however I did go home a couple days before hand to go for a meal and some birthday cake. The cake was just one bought from Sainsbury's but I thought it looked amazing with the different shades of pink and it tasted pretty good too - if not a little sickly from the icing.



To make up for not being home, I was treated to a lovely breakfast at City Cafe in Edinburgh - it has some seriously amazing food for pretty good prices which is handy when you're a broke student but like eating out. As it is a little out the way for both Benjy and I normally, we don't tend to go there a lot but after sampling the pancakes hopefully I can drag Benj back some more 



I did still see my mum on my actual birthday when she took me for lunch at Orocco Pier in South Queensferry - it is located with the most insane views of the Forth Railway Bridge and if you book a table its always worth asking for one by the window. 



Despite being determined to last the whole night out, I ended up tucked up in bed with a drunken takeaway by 10 past 1 in the morning - a poor attempt on my behalf. I truly was spoiled by both my family and friends, and I was so grateful for everybody that contributed to helping make my day so special. 





22 comments

  1. You are beautiful. Your cake is beautiful. I hope you had the best birthday ever!

    Lauren | laurmatthews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cake looks soooo delicious, too pretty to eat! Hope you had a fab birthday! X

    ayranarose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It killed me a little bit inside having to cut it! :( x

      Delete
  3. That cake is stunning, I wish I was 19 again!

    Abbie-
    chasingmydesire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that it was only £11 and could feed tons of people - total bargain! Thanks for the comment and read x

      Delete
  4. Your cake looks soooo delicious, too pretty to eat! Hope you had a fab birthday! X

    ayranarose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the birthday cake pink is my favourite colour looks gorgeous!!! http://pixieox.co

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't stop taking pictures of it! Thanks for the read x

      Delete
  6. Love the Cake and Love Orrocco Pier it's beautiful. I used to work in South Queensferry and used to love sitting in their outdoor area after work for a drink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of my favourite places by far! We went for christmas dinner a couple years back and all the staff were so lovely despite having to work christmas day! x

      Delete
  7. Glad you had a lovely birthday! Your cake and breakfast look so delicious X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! pancakes are always a good shout x

      Delete
  8. That cake looks so good! Hope you had a lovely birthday! Don't wish your teens away just yet, they are the best years!

    Em x
    www.ohfab.co.uk • lifestyle & design blog • for fab custom logo & blog header designs visit: www.etsy.com/uk/shop/ohfab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will make the most of my last year for sure! x

      Delete
  9. It sounds like you had a lovely time! I love birthdays too, I always get so excited. Your cake looks so yummy, almost too pretty to eat haha! That view must have been so nice to look at while eating. Happy belated birthday! xx

    Leanne | latteleanne.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! I had a lovely day x

      Delete
  10. Firstly, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!& this is so similar to me, I turned 19 - yep it's a very boring age - and it was my first birthday away from home too although I did do it with my family the evening before! Great post Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! Its such an odd birthday after all the excitement and newness that comes with your 18th! x

      Delete
  11. Happy belated Birthday, it looks like you had a great day :) Btw your cake looks amazing!
    Shelleen | A Blushing Beauty Blog x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy belated birthday and what a lovely cake!

    S .x http://ramblingsofayoungprgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Words of Quigg. Design by Fearne.