July Favourites



How fast is the year going?? We are now officially in August (aka my birthday month) which means lots a presents for me as well as being spoilt. Throughout July I've collected quite the selection of favourite things

125ml - £1 in Boots

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water 
I have a lot of difficulty finding a makeup remover/cleanser that actually budges my eye makeup, and so far this is the only one that has stood up to the challenge. Due to it being so lightweight it doesn't leave any weird feeling residue on my skin afterwards, as well as being refreshing to my skin.


Holland & Barrets - £2.99

Manuka Doctor Blemish Cream 
As soon as it hits my time of the month (shout out to all the ladies out there currently hating life), I get the lovely treat of getting doses of cystic acne particularly around my chin. With my normal spot treatments not working during these particular spells, I done some research and discovered that manuka honey is a particularly good natural remedy for cystic acne. After learning this I popped off to Holland & Barretts and picked up this spot treatment in the sale for £2.99 and it has worked wonders. It dries clear and works at reducing redness and inflammation within a couple of hours.


Waterstons - £7.99

Devil Wears Prada - Lauren Weisberger 
Ok who hasn't seen Devil Wears Prada? If you haven't then you need to sit down, have a good chat with yourself and educate yourself on the genius that is this film. I read the book a couple of years ago and I've recently decided to reread it and I'm loving it.



Ann Summers - Bra £22 / Underwear £10

Montana Underwear set 
TREAT YO SELF. Worst thing about working in a store is always wanting the stock, hence why as soon as I got paid  I had to treat myself to this gorgeous set. The colour does a great job of making me look a little less deathly pale and will also look gorgeous when I finally do manage to get a tan.


itunes

Send My Love - Adele
As a stereotypical white girl, I do love a bit of Beyoncé, Adele and even some Taylor Swift now and again. I've had Adele's latest single on repeat recently and I've definitely been caught acting it out in my car.

shout out to Benjy for letting me use his Netflix

House M.D
This one is a bit of a cheat considering I'm rewatching it for what is probably about the 4th time, but it has remained a special place in my heart. Quick summary, Head of Diagnostic Medicine, Gregory House, works with a team to help solve obscure medical cases whilst battling against the ticking clock that is death. It is loosely based on Sherlock Holmes with both of them having a drug problem and being some of the greatest minds in their field.

Waterstones - £7.99

Pretty Girls - Karen Slaughter 
Another book I loved this month is Pretty Girls - a crime thriller following a women discovering what truly happened to her sister all those years ago. Quick warning this book is pretty graphic and rather gruesome so if you don't like to even think about blood then this book maybe isn't the best for you. Whilst the plot does start off well, I did find it getting slightly farfetched and dragged out towards the final couple of chapters but nonetheless I did enjoy it over all. I do love a good crime thriller though and if you are looking for a good thriller that doesn't require too much thinking then this is a good option.


What have you been loving in July? x

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Words of Quigg. Design by Fearne.