What is in my makeup bag




makeup bag - Ted Baker
I was gifted the bag for christmas so price unknown


Now that I finally have my laptop back I can finally write a proper post without having to go back every 3 words to correct a spelling mistake. I love watching makeup collections on youtube and whilst I have gathered quite the collection, I keep it down to my must-haves for travelling and topping up throughout the day. My collection in this post is more my everyday makeup collection, if I was to be going out I wouldn't necessarily bring everything in this post. 

First of is my brushes; 

FROM LEFT TO RIGHT; Beau Belle fan , Real Techniques 100 Arched Powder,
Real Techniques Powder Brush,  Sephora Airbrush Crease, Sephora Airbrush Shadow,
Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge & Primark mini blending sponges.

One thing I am yet to understand is the appeal of the beauty blender - the real techniques one to me is perfection. It helps me apply my foundation evenly and is great for helping keep concealer in place. Whilst the majority of my brushes are either Real Techniques or Sephora, if you are just getting into makeup or don't want to spend a lot of money on brushes all at once I would definitely recommend the Beau Belle which you can buy on Amazon, here. With you being able to purchase sets of 24 brushes, it can be handy for figuring out what style of brushes you want to purchase before moving onto a more expensive brand. 


Kimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in Ivory, NYX HD Concealer in 10 Yellow,
Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation in 3.5  & MAC Studio Fix in shade NW10
Having only just started using Urban Decay foundation, I'm still getting to grips with it as I sometimes find myself having to build it up a bit more than I would like. After blending the foundation on, I use my holy grail Wake Me Up concealer on my blemishes before placing my NYX one underneath my eyes - using my mini blenders from Primark to avoid any creases. As much as I love trying new makeup items, I always find myself going back to my trusted MAC studio fix to help control my combination skin. It does give good enough coverage that if I am feeling confident enough about my skin that I can just use the powder and concealer on my own and I'm good to go. 
Sephora Wonderful Cushion Blush in Raspberry Splash,
BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal &
Sephora Bronzing Powder in FoncĂ© Deep 

Upon first trying out this blush I have fallen in love and I would like every single shade of it please, thank you. The pigmentation is amazing, it is long lasting, it blends beautifully and despite initially being disappointed with how little there was in the bottle, a lot goes a long way. As soon as I have the chance whilst in Singapore, I am hitting up a Sephora to grab some more of these beauties. Another Sephora goodie is the bronzer, a deep natural looking bronzer with just enough shimmer to make me look like I live somewhere a lot more exotic than Scotland. Since I do like to make it look as though I am reasonably tanned, I do prefer BECCA'S Opal over Champagne Pop, this might change as the year goes on and I get paler but for now I am loving the more golden peach tone of Opal. 


Soap & Glory Supercat eyeliner, Benefit Roller Lash mascara
& Stila 'Eyes Are The Window' eyeshadow palette



One of my issues is that I feel bald if I don't wear eyeliner and yet I am absolutely crap at applying it, however Supercat is super easy to use with its felt tip nib. My Stila palette comes with such diverse shades it is perfect for travelling with especially if you're planning on lots of different eye makeup looks. My old holy grail mascara used to be They're Real by Benefit however I found it an absolute nightmare to remove at the end of the day. Seeing as my eyes are particularly sensitive, I needed something a lot easier to remove and thankfully Roller Lash provides the same volume and curl that They're Real did but with non of the stubborness. 


Leave me a comment with your favourite everyday makeup item x 



2 comments

  1. How fab are mini blending sponges for concealer? I'm obsessed with my W7 ones! I agree though, I really don't understand why people fork out money for the real beauty blender when the RT sponges are just as good... Like why? Haha.
    The Roller Lash mascara is my absolute holy grail now, I don't think I could ever use another mascara again. x

    Kathryn | Chapters of Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're an absolute lifesaver, so much easier to use for getting to those hard to reach bits. I'm quite tempted to try Too Faced 'Better than sex' mascara next but for now I think i'll stick to my trust Roller lash! Thanks for the read and comment x

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Words of Quigg. Design by Fearne.