Top 5 places I've visited

I will put my hands up now and say I am extremely lucky to have been to so many amazing places. Due to my dad's job I ever spent a portion of my childhood living in Texas, USA. One of my favorite things to do is to look back on old photos and reminisce about some of my favorite holidays. With one holiday down already this year, I am already counting down until I head off to Spain at the end of August, before heading back to Scotland for a brief 2 weeks and then I'm back off to Singapore.  

1. Bintan, Indonesia 
A gorgeous little island located just an hours ferry from Singapore, I've been fortunate enough to visit here twice in the past couple of years.   
The first time we visited we stayed at a little hotel that was located right on the beach front, where we were able to eat our meals whilst being graced with the choice between a beautiful ornate pool or the beach itself. 
Seeing as we all loved Bintan so much, we ended up going back the following year - this time renting a villa complete with butler service and our own golf buggy to drive around the 'village'. The infinity pool at the villa overlooked the beach and it was yet another weekend spent just relaxing in one of my favorite little places. 

     
2. Paris, France 
The idea of going to Paris had always thrilled me and so with my standard grade French skills at hand off we went - and I fell in love instantly. Paris has always been somewhere that I would love to back to however Benjy isn't so keen. The culture, art and mainly food quickly caputered my heart and what girl with a penchant for chick flicks doesn't have her mind set on at least one romantic moment occurring by the Eiffel Tower? We also stayed in a hotel right on the Champs-Élysées meaning we were right in the city center and the hustle and bustle of it all. We did go a couple of years back so unfortunately the pictures are rather grainy and don't fully capture the beauty of the city but alas they will have to do. 
   

3. New York, USA 
I have both fond and sad memories of my trip to New York - the sad being we were there when Cory Monteith passed away and so my glee fan girl brain unfortunately always associates this holiday with that moment. However, it was New York where I discovered and fell in love with my favorite musical, Once, which I was lucky enough to catch on Broadway during Arthur Darvill's run. Phenomenal. To say that I am a city girl would be an understatement as yet again I thrived off the constant chaos that seems to encapsulate New York (also the shopping is insane). As I had not yet watched Gossip Girl before going on my trip I feel I'll probably have to go back some day even if I am a 38 year old woman sitting on the MET steps. 

regardless to popular belief my brother did actually enjoy the holiday   

4. Rome, Italy 
As I've already done a blog post all about my trip to Rome (which I will link) I probably don't have to explain why I love the city so much. The history and architecture was breathtaking, the food was insane and I would go back in an instant. this blog post here
   

5. London, United Kingdom 
It has been a tradition over the years to go for a weekend in London just after Christmas - a tradition Benj and I stole last year. Whilst I'm not a diehard musical fan, I love going to see shows and over the years I've been lucky enough to see ones such as; Matilda, Phantom of the Opera, Shrek, Book of Mormon and yet again Once. Whilst I love all the other places I have visited, London is the one that has a special place in my heart. Maybe I might even end up living there once I've finished my degree, due to (hopefully) my line of work having more opperutnities im big cities. 
    

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Words of Quigg. Design by Fearne.